CS310 EIS POTENTIOSTAT/GALVANOSTAT
CS310 EIS Potentiostat/Galvanostat contains a fast digital function generator, high-speed data acquisition circuitry, a potentiostat and a galvanostat. With high performance in stability and accuracy with advanced hardware and well-functioned software, it is a comprehensive research platform for corrosion, batteries, electrochemical analysis, sensor, life science and environmental chemistry etc. CS310 is a cost-effective model for researchers who will need EIS, CV, LSV, galvanostatic charge & discharge, OCP, polarization curve (Tafel plot) etc. It can be used for areas of battery, corrosion, and many others. It supports earth and floating modes. . It can be updated to model CS350 if you have the need in the future.
(1) Reaction mechanism of Electrosynthesis, electrodeposition (electroplating), anodic oxidation, etc.
(2) Electrochemical analysis and sensor;
(3) Corrosion study of metals in water, concrete and soil etc;
(4) Fast evaluation of corrosion inhibitor, water stabilizer, coating and cathodic protection efficiency.
(5) New energy materials (Li-ion battery, solar cell, fuel cell, supercapacitors), advanced functional materials, photoelectronic materials;
Potential control range: ±10V;
Compliance voltage: ±21V;
Current control range: ±2A;
Potential resolution: 10μV; current resolution 1pA
Built-in frequency response analyzer (FRA)
Built-in EIS/FRA, EIS Frequency range: 10μHz~1MHz;
Dual-channel high-speed 16bit/high-accuracy 24bit AD converter;
High-bandwidthhigh input impedance amplifier unit
Built-in FPGA DDS digital signals synthesizer
1. CS studio software provides users a versatile smoothing/differential/ integration kit, which can complete the calculation of peak height, peak area and peak potential of CV curves.
2. CS studio also provides powerful non-linear fitting on Butler-Volmer equation of polarization curve. It can calculate Tafel slope, corrosion current density, limitation current, polarization resistance, corrosion rate. It can also calculate the power spectrum density, noise resistance and noise spectrum resistance based on the electrochemical noise measurements.
3. CS Studio software can achieve real time saving of the measuring data. The data can be automatically saved even in case of sudden power off.
4. CS studio kit has a built-in versatile timing policy for combined measurements, which can facilitate the automation of experiments and save time.
5. Battery analysis: charge & discharge efficiency, capacity, specific capacitance, charge & discharge energy etc.
6. EIS analysis: Bode, Nyquist, Mott-Schottky plot.
1. Impedance (EIS)
CS310 potentiostat applies correlation integral algorithm and dual-channel over-sampling technique, and has strong anti-interference ability. It is suitable for EIS measurements of high-impedance system (>109Ω, such as coating, concrete etc.). It can also be used to obtain Mott-Schottky curve and differential capacitance curve. During test, the software can display real-time open circuit potential (OCP) without entering.
EIS of AA6063 Al alloy in Ce3+ containing 3% NaCl solution
2. Polarization curve
It can complete linear polarization curve and Tafel plot measurements. The user can set the anodic reversal current (passivation film breakdown current) of the cyclic polarization curve to determine material’s pitting potential and protection potential and evaluate the its susceptibility to intergranular corrosion. The software employs non-linear fitting to analyze polarization curve, and can make fast evaluation of material’s anti-corrosion ability and inhibitors.
Polarization curve of Ti-based amorphous alloy & stainless steel in 3%NaCl solution
It can do the following electroanalysis methods: Linear Sweep Voltammetry (LSV), Cyclic Voltammetry (CV). It integrates calculation of peak area, peak current and standard curve analysis.
LSV curve: mesoporous carbon material in 0.1M KOH
CV curves of PPy supercapacitor in 0.5 mol/L H2SO4
4. Electrochemical Noise
With high-resistance follower and zero-resistance ammeter, it measures the natural potential/currentfluctuations in corrosion system. It can be used to study pitting corrosion, galvanic corrosion, crevice corrosion, and stress corrosion cracking etc. Through noise spectrum, we can evaluate the inducement, growth and death of metastable pitting and crack. Based on calculation of noise resistance and pitting index, it can complete localized corrosion monitoring.
Electrochemical noise of low-carbon steel in 0.05mol/L Cl-+0.1mol/L NaHCO3
5. Full floating measurement
CS310 workstation uses full-floating working electrode. It can be used for autoclave electrochemical measurements, on-line corrosion monitoring of metallic components under the ground (rebar in concrete, etc.)
Channel: Single Channel
Zero resistance ammeter
Electrode system: Support 2, 3 or 4 electrode system
Potential control range: ±10V
Current control range: ±2A (can be up to 5A by a current booster)
Potential control accuracy: 0.1%×full range±1mV
Current control accuracy: 0.1%×full range
Potential resolution: 10μV (>100Hz), 3μV (<10Hz)
Current sensitivity: 10pA
Rise time: <1μs (<10mA), <10μs (<2A)
Reference electrode input impedance: 1012Ω||20pF
Current range: 2nA~2A, 10 ranges
Compliance voltage: ±21V
Potential and current range: Automatic
Maximum current output: 2.0A
CV and LSV scan rate: 0.001mV~10,000V/s
CA and CC pulse width: 0.0001~65,000s
Current increment during scan: 1mA@1A/ms
Potential increment during scan: 0.076mV@1V/ms
SWV frequency: 0.001~100 kHz
DPV and NPV pulse width: 0.0001~1000s
AD data acquisition: 16bit@1 MHz,20bit@1 kHz
DA Resolution: 16bit, setup time: 1μs
Minimum potential increment in CV: 0.075mV
Low-pass filters: covering 8-decade
Electrochemical impedance (EIS)
Frequency accuracy: 0.005%
Signal resolution: 0.1 mV RMS
Waveform：sine wave, triangular wave and square wave
Scanning mode：Logarithmic/linear, increase/decrease
Integral time：minimum：10ms or the longest time of a cycle
Maximum：106 cycles or 105s
DC offset compensation：
Potential automatic compensation range：-10V~+10V
Current compensation range：-1A~+1A
Bandwidth：8-decade frequency range, Automatic and manual setting
PC and O/S requirement
Communications Interface: USB 2.0
Operating System: Windows XP/ Win7/ Win8/ Win10
Weight / Measurements
Net weight: 6.5kg
Instrument size: 365 x 305 x 160mm